Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire Type

Tire Type

Does anyone know what kind of tires will come stock on the CBR500? What would be the best kind of tire to add aftermarket?

my first post in this forum. good luck!
    teh tires on cbr500 and cb500f are dunlop sportmax d222 and pirelli scorpion trails for cbx500.
    I checked them and they are sticky enough!

Both the Dunlop Sportmax D222 and the Pirelli Scorpion Trails are very decent tires and can handle speed quite well. As loserlazer said, they are definitely sticky. As for aftermarket tires, those are always up to the consumer. Some people swear by Bridgstone and Michelin as their go to track tire, but for the most part, some of the best tire brands can include Yokohama, Metzeler, and Avon. As well as Dunlop and Pirelli. Your best bet would be to get a magazine focused on street bikes when they have a tire issue and see which ones you like the best.

adventure bike owners praise scorpion trails but do not see any comments on d222s. i think they are new.

I personally would pick the scorpion trails over the d222s for now until there is a clear article about how the d222s are better than the scorpion tails. Mainly better to be safe than sorry when dealing with things as important as tires.

Quote Originally Posted by GHTT View Post
    I personally would pick the scorpion trails over the d222s for now until there is a clear article about how the d222s are better than the scorpion tails. Mainly better to be safe than sorry when dealing with things as important as tires.
    Definitely this.

As for aftermarket, it depends on which ones you like. I prefer Yokohama but it is really just whatever one you want.

I always use Yokohama. I have personally tried and tested the brand. The only reason why it won't work is snow..

Dunloop Sportmax D222. I think they're pretty smooth to be honest and really good. They can handle speed just fine and they can also handle turns pretty nice.

I enjoy my Michelin Pilot Sport 2's. They do not work to well in snow either, but I have never came across a "Sport-Bike" that does.

I like the scorpion trails. I have never gone wrong with that type of brand. I also like Yokohama as well.