Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How often do you buy new gear?

If I see any type of wear or stitching issues starting it's time for replacing in my opinion. I seem to get a new helmet every other year just for the heck of it. One thing I will add to this conversation is don't skimp on safety gear. It is your only defense in an accident and you want quality gear protecting you. I've seen so many horrible pictures of people either going down in cheap gear or no gear at all and it isn't pretty.

Buy quality gear, inspect it every so often, replace worn items, and always wear it in my opinion.

If my gear is starting wear I'll look at my local bike shops and see if there's any sales. If not oh well I'll wait for Christmas and there's almost always a sale on protective gear.

I rarely find good deals at local bike shops and do most of my gear shopping online. The key though is to know your size which can be tough. Most sites will give you some sort of idea on how different brands size their products though.

Quote Originally Posted by Memento_Mori View Post
    How long do you usually wait until your replace your older gear? Do you wait during a specific time or do you wait till the gear starts looking worn out?
    I usually buy me new gear every 5 months. I find 5 months a good time to because I often have to run to many places and my Motorcycle gets rusty and my cat likes to play with my equipment, and therefore some pieces get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra Taylor View Post
    I usually buy me new gear every 5 months. I find 5 months a good time to because I often have to run to many places and my Motorcycle gets rusty and my cat likes to play with my equipment, and therefore some pieces get lost.
    5 months? I'd be taking the cats to the shelter if they messed with my gear. Why does your bike get rusty?

I have to buy gear often because mine are always getting lost or messed up. I have 2 cats and a dog that love to play with my belongings so its pretty hard keeping them away. It sucks but I'm trying my best to keep the little critters from sneaking into my space.

Maybe you should buy them some toys?

I usually buy new gear every three month's. I buy gear on a three month schedule because I collect motorcycle's. Every time I purchase a new bike, I purchase new gear to go along with it. Now when it come's to the gear itself, I'll replace it if I feel it's getting worn out, or just doesn't fit me like it use to. I'm also a fan of collecting cool looking helmet's, so I buy a few of those each month just to have them in my collection of riding gear.

Geez you must be rich david!