Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How fast have you ever gone with your CBR?

I just got mine a month ago, CBR 500R and I want to know how fast it can go so I tested its top speed. It can run at 160kph. All stock no mods yet. How fast your bike can go, please post model as well.

My brothers can go about 180ishkph.

Not sure about the model. But its not bad from what I can tell.

I maxed out at 170kph.. My friend's CBR500R.

Quote Originally Posted by slayeraeb View Post
    I maxed out at 170kph.. My friend's CBR500R.
    Nice, I managed to get at 176kph. But since it was my friend's as well I didn't feel like pushing it too much. Will be different when I get mine.

So far, I've done 80 mph. The cops in my area and in Illinois in general are pretty strict when it comes to motorcyclists speeding on the highway or streets.

No faster than 80 mph. Cops are strict in my area as well and even worse - my wife is MUCH stricter. I got a bike to have fun and get that unique sensation you can only get when you're riding; not to test my limits or put my life at risk. If my sons one day want to pick up the hobby and ride I want to make sure I'm instilling upon them responsible riding and a core set of safety values. My little ones look and learn every day, especially when dad shows off his Honda!

I went about 165 on mine. I went down the freeway in my city late at night with this. Gave me a huge rush, but also a huge scare knowing that cops are always on the freeway I went on. I got away though, so that's all that matters .

I don't think I would ever go higher than 40 mph on my cousins CBR. Its too much power for me haha. Maybe in the long run I may try it out to its full potential, but until now, no fun for me.

I'm with you jgonz951. Even though I've gone faster than 40 mph it's simply not my comfort zone in any which way or form. I use the excuse of my wife and family a lot but honestly I'm just a big scare-dy cat when it comes to zipping down the highway. I really enjoy riding and the sensation I get from it but I don't believe in risking my life to do so.

I have never gone past 85mph, only because there are not many places here where I live that consist of safe, long stretches of road. I am not a one to speed, as much as it is quite tempting riding such a powerful bike and all.