Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have never been pull over before. Its funny when you're not riding and just sitting on it in a parking lot that they walk over and ask you what you're doing there. They think that you're a confederate of some crimes. I got someone who came up to me while I was sitting on top of my bike in a parking lot of a Starbucks. I was just waiting for friends to come to Starbucks and I was just hanging out. Its a hangout place but I got ask. No, I've been pulled over before and I like that. I've been pull over tons of times in CA for driving but not for riding.

I cannot honestly say that I've been pulled over, but what I can say is that I've had a couple of cops that have attempted to pull me over. Basically, I find myself to be a extremist. I follow the law, fifty percent of the time, and if a cop attempts to pull me over for going 5 miles over the speed limit, I'm just going to take off instead because that's completely stupid. Instead of messing with me for going 5 miles over, how about I give you a ticket for going 10 miles under the speed limit! Cops have become a major pain in my butt and I cannot stand them anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by davidj212 View Post
    I cannot honestly say that I've been pulled over, but what I can say is that I've had a couple of cops that have attempted to pull me over. Basically, I find myself to be a extremist. I follow the law, fifty percent of the time, and if a cop attempts to pull me over for going 5 miles over the speed limit, I'm just going to take off instead because that's completely stupid. Instead of messing with me for going 5 miles over, how about I give you a ticket for going 10 miles under the speed limit! Cops have become a major pain in my butt and I cannot stand them anymore!
    Your attitude worries me because it's likely to get you injured, or worse.

I played "hide and seek" with one patrolman all winter in Evanston, Illinois, because I had an intermittent short that I couldn't find, back in 1970 (no covered area to work on the bike). Probably one of the dumber things that I've done.

We all feel pretty invincible when we are young, but the fact is that it's merely "irrational exuberance".
    John, 1989 NX250 (daily rider), 2009 CRF230L (L'il Red Piglet)