Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How often do you get pulled whilst out riding these days then?

I haven't gotten pulled over yet. I try avoid taking my bike on the highways. I feel more secure driving on local streets. Call me crazy but that's just how I am.

I as well have never been pulled. But when my friend drives, doesn't matter if is a car or a bike, we always get pulled over.

Quote Originally Posted by kavoric View Post
    I haven't gotten pulled over yet. I try avoid taking my bike on the highways. I feel more secure driving on local streets. Call me crazy but that's just how I am.
    That is not crazy at all. When I am not in a hurry I take local streets too, sometimes I just like to ride smooth and slow. I love the watch good scenery on the country side or stare at a woman’s butt while driving.

Sad to say I got pulled over twice in just a month.

Yea none for me.

Pretty happy about that. Just gotta be smart with it and you will be fine.

or not live in a state where every police station except state police aren't corrupt (West Virginia) our head of drug task force had a marijuana field in his back yard....ect...

Haven't been pulled over yet (knock on wood) but I've heard from friends who ride that it does happen often and seemingly randomly. Cops apparently have a field day with bikes and sports cars. I think this is really unfortunate because I know I go above and beyond to be a careful driver. I know some of my friends can drive pretty reckless though so I'm thinking that maybe these "random" incidents aren't so random - really hope so anyway.

Only time was because I didn't have my lights on. Cop just told me to turn them on and sent me on my way.

You're lucky thor9876 - I had a friend who was in a similar situation and did NOT get off quite so lucky. The cop told him that he was a "reckless idiot" and threatened to impound the vehicle; it was barely dusk too apparently. He ultimately got off with a simple ticket but still, the cop almost threw the book at him. Scary stuff when cops want to be jerks.

Luckily, none. I'm young though so that can definitely change down the road of life, but for now I'm good with the law. I don't like to speed or do anything too crazy. Fairly tame for my age while some friends can do stupid stuff sometimes. Hopefully it stays that way as I don't feel like dealing with tickets just because I have a bike! It's almost like sports cars that are red getting pulled over when they're only going 2 or 3 mph over the limit.

Best of luck to you going forward Phailadin, hope to stay in that "no-ticket" boat myself. My buddy called me just the other day after being slammed with a massive speeding ticket; he drives a CBR500 too. It's summer now and the police are out in full force - a warm weather welcome party if you will. Best of luck to everyone this summer! Ride safe and stay ticket free.