Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you like the two tone paint? Yes or no?

Do you like the two tone paint? Yes or no?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nouveaute-2013-honda-cb500x-rouge.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	67

I saw this early while looking up paint schemes for street bikes, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think it looks cool, but I would like to see different colors. If I was better I Photoshop I would try it out and see.

I actually like the way it looks. That two colors are of good combination. The thing with two-tone colors is that you really have to see to it that two colors you will use will complement each other. Usually, contrasting colors do not look that slick and neat.

I personally love 2 tone paints, be it bikes or even cars. It works great even on phones. I think it adds an extra charm to bikes, though I have seen a lot of people ruin this with lame vinyls.

I'll say no. A decent paint job would also cost a lot. You get absolutely no value from this expense...but it's your money. There are many other places you could spend that money...I suggest I would rather suggest something in the way of maintenance.

I will agree with you on the value part of a pain job godarm, I have seen plenty of people get a "cool" custom pain job, only for it to be their pit fall when selling because they can't find someone who likes the paint job the way they do. I think if you keep it simple, like 1 or 2 solid colors and do decals, that you wouldn't have that difficult of a time selling it. But I do see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by LogiciaBil View Post
    I will agree with you on the value part of a pain job godarm, I have seen plenty of people get a "cool" custom pain job, only for it to be their pit fall when selling because they can't find someone who likes the paint job the way they do. I think if you keep it simple, like 1 or 2 solid colors and do decals, that you wouldn't have that difficult of a time selling it. But I do see your point.
    I guess it depends on the person. Personally, I have bought 2 bikes in the past and never considered selling any of them (even though I am planning to buy a 3rd), so having to find someone that likes the paint job wont really be a problem.

It depends on the colors. Usually I don't like it, but if it was a nice combination I think it would look better than one color. Sometimes it just looks like crap, other times it looks amazing. So I guess my answer is usually a no.

It's definitely a yes. It will improve the bike's character.

I like the way the CBR500 looks like with these two colors. I think that it could be a good choice instead of having to chose a single color. Is it a real option or is this a fan image? I saw your mention of Photoshop. Whether it is possible to have the bike with these colors or not, this picture looks appealing to me.

And it might depend on the choice of colors..