Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What safety gear do you refuse to leave the house without?

What safety gear do you refuse to leave the house without?

We all agree safety gear is a must have when cruising on our Honda's, but sometimes we are in a hurry or don't have much time to strap everything on. What gear do you absolutely refuse to leave at home, no matter how strapped for time you are, and what are some that you don't feel aren't as important? If you could only have 2 pieces of safety gear, what would they be?

I will never ride, or let anyone else ride my bike with out a helmet. Never have, and never will. However, I bought a few heavy duty jackets and a few pairs of pants and they came with a set of gloves, well, I don't really use the gloves that much. I know if I get into an accident I will regret it, but I always seem to forget them.

If I could only have two piece of equipment it would be my helmet and my safety jacket. I would feel naked without those while on my bike.
    Last edited by LogiciaBil; 12-03-2012 at 05:53 AM.

It would be the helmet. Actually I wouldn't ride my bike without it. Safety first is my motto when riding my bike and what would be the most important part of your body than our head? Helmet is a must for me and I think it applies to all of the riders.

helmet and strong shoes or boot. yeah forget to add the gloves.
    for longer distances more than 5 km, add a rider jacket too.
    Last edited by loserlazer; 12-04-2012 at 01:13 AM.

That's a tough one since everything is kinda important. But if I had to choose 2 it would be an helmet and a jacket. If I had time I would throw in a pair of gloves as well, people seem to underestimate how important those are.

Yeah, I always forget to put them on or when I do remember to, if I can't find them in 5 minutes I just leave without them if I'm just going up to the store. If I am going a longer distance though, I will spend a little more time looking for them.

Like everyone said, helmet is defiantly my first pick. Would rather walk whatever distance it may be than ride without my helmet. Second would probably by my heavy duty jacket in cause I have to roll on a collision.

Quote Originally Posted by LogiciaBil View Post
    Yeah, I always forget to put them on or when I do remember to, if I can't find them in 5 minutes I just leave without them if I'm just going up to the store. If I am going a longer distance though, I will spend a little more time looking for them.
    History of my life. There only gears I never have trouble finding are my jacket and my helmet. Mostly thanks to habit through the years, and probably cause they are the first things I remove when I get home, they are never far from my bike. For the gloves however, I just can't seem to remember that I shouldn't just throw them wherever.

Glad to know I'm not the only one! I probably should have a place for them like I do my helmet and jacket though, you are right.

Helmet and jacket. I would not leave the house without those. I usually wear all of the protective gear, but those are essential. I have never been in an accident but I don't want to see what happens when I don't wear my gear. Better safe than sorry.