Thread: CBR500R Available Options

Cool CBR500R Available Options

The CBR500R features a brand-new engine and chassis. Like the machines that made Honda famous throughout the U.S., its two-cylinder parallel-twin layout provides a wide powerband and plenty of torque, while a counterbalance keeps things running smooth. Special touches like the CBR500R sport seating position, lower handlebars and minimal bodywork make it a great choice for someone who likes the lithe, athletic touches of a sportbike but wants something more versatile than a race replica. Available ABS on the CBR500R helps you make smoother, more controlled stops under less-than-ideal conditions.

CBR500R
    Base MSRP
    $5,999*
    • Features & Options
    • 500cc liquid-cooled DOHC parallel-twin
    • Supersport styling
    • Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
    • Pro-Link Rear Suspension

CBR500R ABS
    Base MSRP
    $6,499*
    • Features & Options
    • 500cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
    • Supersport styling
    • Anti-lock brake system
    • Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)

The ABS's extra feature looks pretty good and tempting to be honest. The difference in the price isn't all that great either actually. I think the extra you need to pay is worth the extra safety.
    Last edited by Memento_Mori; 12-01-2012 at 05:54 PM.

I agree with Memento_Mori. There is a slight difference in price but for all the extras you get, I would say it's definitely worth it. I don't need to tell you how dangerous motorcycles can be, and the fact that the extra $500 also contributes to ABS, the I would Definitively pay the extra price.

I Don;t think that the extra feature in ABS is worth another $1k. If I were to choose, I would still go with CB500r. It will cost you less $1k but you will get the same bike with just shortened features however the bike still looks amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by DragDrop View Post
    I Don;t think that the extra feature in ABS is worth another $1k. If I were to choose, I would still go with CB500r. It will cost you less $1k but you will get the same bike with just shortened features however the bike still looks amazing!
    Its not $1k. Its only $500 more expensive than the regular price. For experienced riders the extra features might not seem interesting, but for less experienced ones it will offer much more safety.

Taking styling cues from the CBR600RR and the CBR1000RR, the CBR500R features a full fairing design, the bodywork providing "significant advantages in air management for added rider comfort, along with a low drag coefficient and effective engine cooling.

I don't know why anybody wouldn't get the ABS option. If money is really that tight, you shouldn't be buying a brand new bike anyways.