Join Today

Thread: Detailing tip

Detailing tip

Next time you go to your local Honda dealer do yourself a favor and pick up a can of Honda Polish. It comes in a black spray can. This stuff will leave your bike so clean you could eat off it. Dead bugs just wipe right off, brake dust too. I believe it costs around $5 or $6 but it's well worth the price, amazing stuff. Thank me later .
    Last edited by webgrindRR; 07-09-2013 at 07:58 AM.

Thank's a ton for posting that excellent advice! I recently ordered some online, and it costed about eight dollars, with shipping and handling included. Anyways I washed my bike and afterwards I applied some of this stuff on there. A few days after applying it, I went to detail my bike, and just like you said, bugs, dirt, and grime, all came off without me having to scrub away at it. I really appreciate you posting that informative advice!

I'm assuming this stuff works on regular cars too or made specifically for bikes? I imagine it's just polish so it should work for cars too.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal2MySoil View Post
    I'm assuming this stuff works on regular cars too or made specifically for bikes? I imagine it's just polish so it should work for cars too.
    I believe that it should work on cars too without any problems. As you said, it is basically just bike polish, so it shouldn't really cause any problems to your cars paint or anything. Better yet, I may detail my girlfriends car later on and try it out. If all goes great, I'll send you a message to keep you informed on the details and how I applied it.

Quote Originally Posted by davidj212 View Post
    I believe that it should work on cars too without any problems. As you said, it is basically just bike polish, so it shouldn't really cause any problems to your cars paint or anything. Better yet, I may detail my girlfriends car later on and try it out. If all goes great, I'll send you a message to keep you informed on the details and how I applied it.
    Sounds good man. I want to try it on my car since I drive on freeways near farmlands in California and there are those bugs on my front bumper everyday. It's hard to clean those off without scrubbing hard. Let me know how it goes bro. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal2MySoil View Post
    Sounds good man. I want to try it on my car since I drive on freeways near farmlands in California and there are those bugs on my front bumper everyday. It's hard to clean those off without scrubbing hard. Let me know how it goes bro. Thanks.
    Hey there dude! Well, I tried out the polish after detailing my girlfriends car. She went to work yesterday,and when she got home she had a few bugs stuck to her lower front bumper. These bugs were stuck on there pretty good too, but once I went over the bumper with my sponge they came right off without any problems. From what I saw, the polish did not affect the paint in any way, it's just fine! So, if your still looking to use some for your vehicle, I say go ahead and do it, because everything worked out great over here. I'm just glad it worked out okay, because if it hadn't, I'd be sleeping on the couch for a couple of days!