Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Top 5 things that attract you in a bike.

Hey folks - been responding to enough threads here; figured I'd post a new one! Just wondering as a new bike owner what your top 5 criteria was when buying a new bike. I'll list mine:

1. Safety.
    2. Comfort.
    3. Handling.
    4. Gas Mileage.
    5. Look.

Look forward to reading your replies!
    Last edited by honda1122; 06-06-2013 at 06:05 PM.

1.Speed
    2.Safety
    3.Mileage
    4.Handling
    5.Price

I love fast bikes, so I always look for bikes that have good speed to them. I always want to be safe, so that is the next major thing I look at. The mileage and handling are important, but I don't put as much stock into that as the speed and safety. The price is important but I am in a good place moneywise.

Hmm this is a tough one for me. I think the most important things for me in a bike would have to be
    1.Price
    2.Safety
    3.Speed
    4.Reliability
    5.Ascetics

I don't have a ton of money right now so price plays a huge role in my choice as well as safety. I don't trust a lot of drivers on the road these days and would never want to get in any kind of accident.

Yeah, I should have put price in their too somewhere i suppose - I'm no money bags myself. I would say the only thing that makes me spend a little more would be anything having to do with safety like ABS breaks etc. Glad to see some responses to this thread! Always curious to know what others value the most in bikes.

1. Safety
    2. Mileage
    3. Looks
    4. Handling
    5. Price
    Well this came out differently once I typed it out... what the! Guess it's specs>price

1. Safety
    2. Comfort
    3. Handling
    4. Mileage
    5. Looks

Safety is the most important thing for me for sure. I don't want to feel uneasy when I'm riding a bike. Since riding a bike is a hobby for me, I wish to be comfortable when I'm doing it as well. Although I like having a fast bike, speed has never been a primary concern for me so it doesn't make it to my top 5.

Safety, safety, safety, safety. Haha, I stand by safety! In all honesty though 1. Safety 2. Price 3. Gas Mileage 4. Aesthetics 5. Handling. I love to be safe on my bike, I want everyone to be safe on their bikes! We're in more dangerous positions as bikers, so it's my number one priority and it should be everyone's!

1. Safety
    2. Comfort
    3. Dependability
    4. Handling
    5. Looks

Safety and comfort are definitely top priority in my book. I don't wanna start getting uncomfortable 20 minutes into a ride.

1. Speed
    2. Handling
    3. Comfort
    4. Looks
    5. Mileage

I'm a sucker for top speeds on the freeway, handling is incredibly important too. I take road trips to visit my friends 3 towns over so comfort is a must in general.

Quote Originally Posted by honda1122 View Post
    Hey folks - been responding to enough threads here; figured I'd post a new one! Just wondering as a new bike owner what your top 5 criteria was when buying a new bike. I'll list mine:

1. Safety.
    2. Comfort.
    3. Handling.
    4. Gas Mileage.
    5. Look.

Look forward to reading your replies!

Your 5 choices are wonderful! My 5 top things that attract me to a bike are as follows:
    1.) Look
    2.) Feel
    3.) Design
    4.) Color
    5.) Mileage

I have to have these thing when looking for me a new bike! Hope this answers your question!