Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fairings design, does it matter?

Fairings design, does it matter?

The design of fairings on the CBR500R is not so wide compared to F and X. Is the fairings really matters when it comes to aero dynamics?

To me it is really important. The main reasons why I ride bikes is firstly cause of the speed and secondy cause of the design. Who doesn't love gorgeous bikes? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Memento_Mori View Post
    To me it is really important. The main reasons why I ride bikes is firstly cause of the speed and secondy cause of the design. Who doesn't love gorgeous bikes? :P

HAHA.. Same reason why I ride bike as well... Speed and flashy design.

Quote Originally Posted by slayeraeb View Post
    Agreed. A bike doesn't only have to be fast and powerful. It also has to look fast and powerful.

well were forgetting the reason for them in the first place (aerodynamics) to allow you to reach that enjoyable speed that everyone loves

Aerodynamics do indeed help you reach faster speeds but they also happen to make the car look sleeker and sexier. One compliments the other and at the end of the day any good, good looking bike will be appropriately aerodynamic. There were many bikes I turned down because of unpleasant aesthetics and while I'm no speed demon I do want a bike that LOOKS like it COULD go fast!

Yes it is fairly important, because not only does this serve for aesthetic purposes, but it also has an effect on it's actual performance too.

Agreed Rexus9000 it's not just aesthetic. As discussed before the fairings need to be aerodynamic which absolutely effects performance. If you have a fairing that's too small or malformed your bike is just going to handle itself oddly and dangerously. In short the CBR500 fairings are expertly designed and any discrepancy from the typically observed layout is a work of innovation not one of error.

It does. Aerodynamics are directly correlated with the performance. In fact, aerodynamics are the reason that your bike has good "handling" at top speeds. Without proper aerodynamics, it would be really hard to control the bike, or even impossible at higher speeds. I didn't know the fairings are smaller on R compared to F and X, but I own a R, and I can tell you it's perfectly designed. If there was a problem with it, it wouldn't be on the market to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by slayeraeb View Post
    Exactly +1