Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust

Exhaust

Exhaust is the most change and modified part of a motorcycle. I am still the stock pipe but currently looking for a good quality aftermarket exhaust. Any thoughts?

It depends mostly on what kind of bike you ride, and where you are going to ride. We'll need more info to give the correct recommendations. I personally use dirt exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by nhoelb View Post
    Exhaust is the most change and modified part of a motorcycle. I am still the stock pipe but currently looking for a good quality aftermarket exhaust. Any thoughts?
    In my opinion, the best sounding exhaust is a full "KR tuned" system.
    My bike gained almost 12 bhp...and considering the weight of the bike...12 bhp is quite a difference.
    It looks and sounds beautiful in the carbon fiber

Tip: Remove the silencer

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4dowkiller View Post
    My bike gained almost 12 bhp...and considering the weight of the bike...12 bhp is quite a difference.

I also agree.. I have a full "KR tuned" system and also gained.

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4dowkiller View Post

Makes sense actually And I never even considered the option of removing the silencer, not sure how much doing that will help but I will definitely give it a try.

Really depends on how much money you have. There are lots of places where you can get good deals on exhausts that will really make your bike stand out.. I would call around to locals dealers to see how much they are and to get the best price out there. I wish you luck finding one.

It's very hard to go wrong with a Yoshimura after market exhaust system.

You can either get a full system or a slip-on, I guess it depends on personal preference and how much money you are willing to spend.

I found a link for some 500's here Yoshimura R&D - 2013

I haven't found a video with one on a 500 but you can find many on YouTube for the 250's and 600's!

Cheers!

Does the sound depend mostly on the engine or the exhaust you have on?

Lots of great information here, thanks guys. Definitely thinking about upgrading my exhaust but sound, look and budget will all coming into play. Thanks for all the links and advice. I'm definitely considering Yoshimura - was considering it before but reading these posts has really cemented that choice in my mind. Is Ebay a good source for finding these at a reasonable cost? Should I trust buying them second hand?

Quote Originally Posted by honda1122 View Post
    Lots of great information here, thanks guys. Definitely thinking about upgrading my exhaust but sound, look and budget will all coming into play. Thanks for all the links and advice. I'm definitely considering Yoshimura - was considering it before but reading these posts has really cemented that choice in my mind. Is Ebay a good source for finding these at a reasonable cost? Should I trust buying them second hand?
    I wouldn't trust buying an exhaust second hand. You don't really know for sure how it has been treated by the previous owner and if it is functioning correctly. You can still use ebay to try and find one, but I would try and go for a new one as opposed to buying used.