Thread: Elbow and Knee Pads

Elbow and Knee Pads

Do you always use elbow and knee pads whenever you drive your bike? In my case I don't/ I would just use them if I am going on a tough road like close to the mountains. But when I am just riding on a highway I do not use them. Helmet is the only gear that I would not always forget. How about you? Do you think elbow and knee pads are a must all the time?

Not always, but I should. I work in an emergency room also!!

Yes i often make use of Elbow and Knee Pads protections whenever you generate your own motorbike? In my case We don't/ I would merely have tried them in the event I am going over a difficult highway similar to near to the piles. But once i 'm merely using over a interstate I do certainly not have tried them. Headgear would be the solely equipment which i wouldn't often overlook.

The helmet is the only thing I wear for safety. I am kind of considering elbow pads or maybe knee pads. I do hear they make all the difference.

I'll be honest - I'd really prefer not to (as I feel like I leave the house looking like the Terminator when all geared up) but I promised the wife I would; that was the deal. I have two young kids at home and my safety effects them directly - that's the way I look at it at least. All this to say, in the horrible event of a crash I want to be as protected as possible. I'd rather fall off my bike as the Terminator than John Connor lol.

I do not wear elbow and knee pads, personally I don't like the way they look on me but of course you get more safety.

I don't wear separate elbow and knee pads but most my gear has them attached as part of their construction. Specifically my jackets and pants. My jacket even has back and shoulder pads. The more protection the better in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DragDrop View Post
    Do you always use elbow and knee pads whenever you drive your bike? In my case I don't/ I would just use them if I am going on a tough road like close to the mountains. But when I am just riding on a highway I do not use them. Helmet is the only gear that I would not always forget. How about you? Do you think elbow and knee pads are a must all the time?
    Ever since I got into a really bad accident when driving my bike to the store one night, I have been using elbow and knee pads. My leg got scrapped up severely and my nose was bleeding everywhere, I needed professional attention. I remember the ambulance came and took me to the hospital for check up and the doctors told me I had broke something in my leg and they needed to get it out so I ended up having surgery that day, it was painful.

Ouch, how much road rash did you have? Wear you wearing a helmet?